Hello, my friend!
Welcome! So good to see you here.
If you’ve read the paper or watched television lately, you know we don’t lack for bad news. Well, you won’t find that here.
Today we’re talking good things.
First, a brief update.
I’ve had a few unscheduled blog breaks. Remember those busy seasons I’ve mentioned? Well, I’m in one now.
Darling daughter is a high school senior, and if you’ve experienced that wonderful milestone, you’re aware of what it entails. Cap, gown, and announcement orders. Senior photos. ACT prep. College apps. Project graduation. Extracurricular activities. And more. (And this comes on the heels of a very active tennis season.) And ohh… yes. I’m a writer. So—that, too.
And let’s not forget the approaching holidays.
Whew! This mama’s dragging.
Still, while busy, it’s indeed a glorious time of year.
Over our way, we’ve readied our home for Thanksgiving. I’ve added to my shopping list and planned special recipes.
With thankful hearts, let the fun begin!
On to GOOD THINGS…
- Check out Julie Cantrell’s recent blog post on Seekerville. Don’t let the title fool you. Imperfect people. Imperfect Christians. is all about the love in a get real way.
- Heading to the Ozarks over Thanksgiving break? Then you may need some restaurant ideas. No worries! Branson has you covered. Go here for more. (They all sound delish. Our family’s personal recommendation would be the fabulous Keeter Center Restaurant on the beautiful College of the Ozarks campus. Drool over this scrumptious Thanksgiving menu. Mmm. Talk about good things!)
- Next, button up your sweater and stroll over to Aunt Ruthie’s fall home tour. Talk about a feast for the eyes and a balm for the soul! (You may recall Aunt Ruthie’s is one of my favorite cyber places. )
- Okay. Grab a hanky for this good thing. Pop over to Simple Grace (home of your Daily Dose of Hope) and prepare to smile.
- This week brought some exciting news. I finaled in the ACFW 2015 First Impressions contest! So. Much. Fun! What a blessing! THAT was a very good thing.
And BTW, please stop by the ACFW site next Tuesday, November 24th, where I’ll be guest-blogging. You won’t want to miss Christian Fiction—No Wimps Allowed.
Here’s to good things and a great weekend!
PLEASE SHARE THE GOODNESS
Can’t get enough of a good thing? Then you should join us!
Sharing good things on the blog today. Stop by for a slice of feel good pie!
ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS YOU MAY ENJOY
What good thing do you have to share?
See you back next week!